Date(s) 25/02/2021 - 26/02/2021
2 day 16 hour Course Delivered in our Forest School Setting Radbourne Near Derby
Topics include; roles & responsibilities, adult/child/infant specific treatments, dealing with collapse (with and without breathing), choking, bleeding, shock, major illnesses, torso and limb injuries, environmental effects, heat and cold injuries, using first aid kit, outdoor specific scenarios, outdoor incident management and looking after a casualty for more than 10 minutes.
This course is designed to provide outdoor incident management skills. Typical delivery methods are predominantly practical, with elements occurring out of doors in outdoor clothing and on various terrains.
- Minimum tutor contact time of 16 hours (excluding breaks)
- 1:12 tutor to learner ratio
- Course must be completed within 9 weeks of starting
- Each delivery session must be a minimum of 2 hours
- Successful completion will result in learners gaining a Forest School First Aid (ITC) certificate.
- The qualification is revalidated by attending another similar course after 3 years