Date(s) 10/11/2022 - 18/11/2022
Rural Pride Outside Learning Bosk
Modular Course Starts 10th Nov 2022
We are delighted to be offering our Forest School Level 3 Leadership Certificate. Rural Pride & Steve Greaves Outdoors.
- 10th and 11th November 2022 2 days Training
- 17th and 18th November 2022 2 days Training
- Forest School & Paediatric First Aid Dual Qualification (included) 2 Days dates to be decided within this course group
- 2 Practical Development days dates TBC
- Assessment 4 days dates TBC
This qualification is intended to provide the skills and knowledge required to set up and deliver safe and effective Forest School programmes and for those who wish to become Forest School Leaders.
This qualification is composed of 5 units.
Unit 1: Woodland structure, identification of flora and fauna, and sustainable woodland management at Forest School.
Unit 2: Deliver, assess and evaluate a Forest School programme.
Unit 3: Application of learning and development theory, understanding of impact of behaviour to learning and development, holistic learning and development at Forest School.
Unit 4: The development of Forest School ethos supported by policies and procedures and understanding the ecological impact when planning a Forest School Programme.
Unit 5: Facilitating a range of woodland skills, including campfire management appropriate to a Forest School Programme.
Assessment tasks will result in each candidate producing a portfolio of evidence meeting each assessment criteria in each unit.
Typical qualification support includes:
- Attendance at an event at an approved ITC Centre Rural Pride Woodland Education & Adventures, Radbourne, Derby
- 96 guided learning hours.
- Assessed by a portfolio of evidence generated by Centre devised assessment tasks
- Mentor support
- Successful completion will result in the candidate gaining an ITC level 3 Certificate for Forest School Leaders