Date(s) 22/05/2023 - 25/05/2023
This course requires up to 12 months commitment.
22nd May – 25th May 2022 (Week one only) Please look at all the dates below as 100% attendance is compulsory to qualify.
We are delighted to be offering our Forest School Level 3 Leadership Certificate. Rural Pride Outside Learning Bosk & Steve Greaves Outdoors.
- WEEK ONE 22nd May – 25th May Theory and Practical Hands on Training at our Centre near Etwall in Derby. Parking available and short walk from Bus Stop. Regular Buses from Derby.
- Compulsory Forest School First Aid 2 days June 27th and 28th 2023
- Practical Skills Development 2 days 29th and 30th June 2023
- Assessment Week 19th – 22nd September
- Portfolio submission approximately 3 months later TBC
- Maximum of 10 learners per course
- ALL THE ABOVE INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
This qualification is intended to provide the skills and knowledge required to set up and deliver safe and effective Forest School programmes and for those who wish to become Forest School Leaders.
This qualification is composed of 5 units.
Unit 1: Woodland structure, identification of flora and fauna, and sustainable woodland management at Forest School.
Unit 2: Deliver, assess and evaluate a Forest School programme.
Unit 3: Application of learning and development theory, understanding of impact of behaviour to learning and development, holistic learning and development at Forest School.
Unit 4: The development of Forest School ethos supported by policies and procedures and understanding the ecological impact when planning a Forest School Programme.
Unit 5: Facilitating a range of woodland skills, including campfire management appropriate to a Forest School Programme.
Assessment tasks will result in each candidate producing a portfolio of evidence meeting each assessment criteria in each unit.
Typical qualification support includes:
- Attendance for face to face learning at our Forest School Outdoor Training Centre near Derby
- 96 guided learning hours.
- Assessed by a portfolio of evidence to be submitted 3 months after all face to face sessions are complete
- Mentor support
- Successful completion will result in the candidate gaining an ITC level 3 Certificate for Forest School Leaders (see ITC Awarding body details here)
Please read our Cancellation Policy here Rural Pride General Terms and Conditions July 2022