Date(s) 21/04/2021 - 22/04/2021
This fantastic qualification is intended to provide the learner with an understanding of the benefits of learning beyond the classroom, how to manage groups and facilitate their learning and to practically deliver activity beyond the classroom environment.
Developed with input from the Council for Learning Outside the Classroom (CLOtC) and Institute for Outdoor Learning (IOL) and support from influential leaders within education, it aims to break down boundaries, empower educators and allow educators to give themselves and their employer permission to take a step outside of their normal classroom environment. The qualification is also accredited by the IOL.
It is suitable for all who wish to become occupationally competent; need permissions or have an interest in teaching and learning beyond the normal classroom environment.
This qualification is suitable for those employed, volunteering or otherwise involved in Primary schools, Secondary schools, College, Universities, Outdoor Education Centres, Guiding, Scouting, Conservation Education, NGO’s, Education Charities, Field Studies.
This qualification is composed of 1 unit.
- Benefits of taking learning beyond the classroom
- Managing groups and facilitating learning beyond the classroom (what do you have in your setting?)
- Understanding risk-benefit analysis
- Planning activities (Practical Workshops working with, water, earther, air and fire)
- Delivering activities (Develop competency in using outdoor tools such as, Axes, Knives, Saws, Bilhooks, and Traditional Fire Lighting equipment)
Typical qualification support includes:
- Attendance at our offgrid woodland based training centre
- 12 guided learning hours ( 2 days practical)
- Option to Gain a Food Safety Level 2 Award with “Open Fire” cooking certification (some online learning required) Optional Day 3 (Extra Fee required please enquire)
- Assessed by a portfolio of evidence to be submitted at an agreed time
- Mentor support
- Successful completion will result in the candidate gaining an ITC level 3 Award in Learning Beyond the Classroom & an optional Food Safety Level 2 Award (adapted to outdoor cooking)