Date(s) 07/10/2021 - 08/10/2021
This fantastic qualification is intended to provide the learner with an understanding of the benefits of learning beyond the classroom, how to manage groups and facilitate their learning and to practically deliver activity beyond the classroom environment.
Developed with input from the Council for Learning Outside the Classroom (CLOtC) and Institute for Outdoor Learning (IOL) and support from influential leaders within education, it aims to break down boundaries, empower educators and allow educators to give themselves and their employer permission to take a step outside of their normal classroom environment. The qualification is also accredited by the IOL.
It is suitable for all who wish to become occupationally competent; need permissions or have an interest in teaching and learning beyond the normal classroom environment.
This qualification is suitable for those employed, volunteering or otherwise involved in Primary schools, Secondary schools, College, Universities, Outdoor Education Centres, Guiding, Scouting, Conservation Education, NGO’s, Education Charities, Field Studies.
This qualification is composed of 1 unit.
- Benefits of taking learning beyond the classroom
- Managing groups and facilitating learning beyond the classroom
- Understanding risk-benefit analysis
- Planning activities
- Delivering activities
- Minimum 10 guided learning hours ( 2 full days at Rural Pride in Derby) plus average of 50 hours Total Qualification Time to produce portfolio and practical evidence.
- Assessment evidence by a portfolio, practical session planning, delivery and evaluation
- Remote Mentor support
- Successful completion will result in the candidate gaining an ITC level 3 Award in Learning Beyond the Classroom.